Thursday, October 22, 2009

On Bathing

Up at six this morning - still dark, the sea just about seen through the windows that really need cleaning.

As do I.   But I can't do anything about that as my washing machine is broken and it's turning into one of those days of endless waiting for an engineer to come and fix it - it started to smell odd the last time it was used.  There was a burning smell in case you are wondering.  I turned it off before it ignited.   Were I to take a bath now it would be the very moment that the engineer arrives.  That 'now' is clearly extending into the whole morning.  He/She has until 1pm at which point I shall dive in and damn them.

One of my neighbours must have had a similar dilemma only the other day but I think this is a rubbish solution to the problem.


No comments: